TPS Update: Relaxation of uniform requirements
Given the potential for shifts between distance and in-person learning in the 2020-2021 school year, we are relaxing student uniform requirements. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges that some of our families face. We hope that relaxing the uniform requirements will provide some relief for parents as we prepare for an uncertain school year. If you have uniforms and wish to use them, you are welcome to do so. If you are in a situation where you would prefer not to purchase uniforms, your school leaders will be supportive of that decision as well.
If you need support with food, clothing, housing, utilities, or social services referrals, contact United Way 211 by texting “211OK” to the number 898-211 or calling 2-1-1 from your mobile device.
Our district dress code will remain in effect, and you can find those guidelines on our website. For more information about planning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Actualización de TPS: El uso del uniforme escolar no será obligatorio
Dado los posibles cambios entre el aprendizaje presencial y a distancia en el año escolar 2020-2021, el uso de los uniformes escolares no será obligatorio. Sabemos que la pandemia de COVID-19 ha creado o aumentado los desafíos económicos que enfrentan algunas de nuestras familias. Esperamos que esta decisión proporcione cierto alivio a los padres mientras nos preparamos para un año escolar incierto. Si tiene uniformes y desea usarlos, puede hacerlo. Si se encuentra en una situación en la que preferiría no comprar uniformes, los líderes de su escuela también apoyarán esa decisión.
Si necesita ayuda de alimentos, ropa, vivienda, servicios públicos o servicios sociales, comuníquese con United Way 211 enviando un mensaje de texto con el mensaje "211OK" al número 898-211 o llamando al 2-1-1 desde su dispositivo móvil.
Nuestro código de uniformes del distrito seguirá vigente y puede encontrarlo en nuestro sitio web. Para obtener más información sobre la planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021, visite www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
A Webster student ID badge must be worn and visible on a lanyard
around the neck at all times as part of the uniform policy.
One lanyard will be issued with the student ID. Replacements can be purchased throughout the school year. Replacement fee for student ID is $5.00.
It is critical for all students to display their student ID on a lanyard and wear the ID around the neck. It is important to adhere to all of the guidelines below as safety is the number one priority for students. Wearing a jacket/coat that is not included in our dress code is prohibited. Coats worn to school must be removed in the classroom. Approved hoodies and jackets are listed below.
Upper Garment Options
- Navy, Gray, White, Royal Blue, Black, Polo shirt – solid (a shirt with two or three buttons and a collar); short or long sleeved.
- Solid polo shirts must be plain (no other writing of any kind accepted; no brand name logos).
- Webster organization shirts given out and/or sold by Athletics, Band, FFA, JROTC, DECA, etc. and school sponsored clubs and organizations which have been approved by administration are allowed on any school day.
- Sweatshirts, hoodies, t-shirts, and other apparel sold by the school and/or Spirit Store will also be acceptable on any school day. (Shirts students have made on their own with the Webster logo are not permitted as a uniform).
- ONLY hoodies that are purchased from the school Spirit Store OR royal blue hoodies or royal blue zip up sweat jackets (no logos or writing) are acceptable at any time during the school day.
- No coats or jackets are allowed after entering the building (only Webster Hoodie or solid royal blue hoodie or solid royal blue zip up sweatshirt)
(Coats & jackets may be worn outside while traveling to class or cafeteria but may not be work in classrooms).
Lower Garment Options
- Khaki, navy blue, black, denim lower garments (no holes).
- Slacks, shorts or pleated skirts - khaki, navy blue, black or denim (no shorter than finger tips when arms at side).
- No sweat pants.
- No sagging. Pants should be fitted at the waist.
- No scarves or bandanas.
- Chains, metal studs, or/and buckles attached to clothing are not allowed.
- Jewelry/accessories that pose a safety concern and are a distraction in class for the students and others are prohibited.
- Visible pierced jewelry shall be limited to the ears
- No hats or hoods shall be worn in the building.
- No blankets. Blankets are never allowed inside the school building.
- No house shoes, shower shoes
Please refer to the Tulsa Public Schools Board Policy 2601-R